TCS has received many awards since it first opened its doors in 2000. They include:
- Recognized as a National Title I Distinguished School for success in closing achievement gaps between student groups in 2016-2017.
- Named by the New Mexico Coalition of Charter Schools as one of its 10 Honor Roll Schools in 2009.
- Recognized as a Charter School of the Year for 2007 by the Center for Education Reform.
- Recognized by the State Association for Math and Science as the school with the highest percentage of students proficient in 8th grade math in 2008.
- The school has received several cash awards from the Public Education Department for increasing student achievement.