Taos Charter School Ski and Snowboard Club Rules and Regulations:
- All school policies are in effect during the ski/snowboard trips. Anyone caught breaking any of the rules will be dropped from the program and reported to the proper authorities.
- No student will be excused from school to ski/snowboard unless he/she is a member of the TCS Ski and Snowboard Club.
- All students are responsible for any work missed due to the ski/snowboard program.
- Since academics are a priority, all students must have and maintain a 2.0 “C” average in every Weekly progress reports will be used to determine eligibility.
- Students who have had 10 or more excused or unexcused absences prior to the start of the ski program will not be eligible to participate in the program. Three tardies are considered an absence for the purpose of eligibility in the ski/snowboard program. Any students with unexcused absences from January 10, 2017 to February 7, 2017 will not be eligible to participate in the program.
- If a student is absent on Wednesday after a ski/snowboard day he/she will not be allowed to participate the following week, unless there is a written doctor’s excuse.
- The classroom teacher or ski and snowboard club sponsor may prohibit a student from skiing/snowboarding because of missing assignments or misbehavior in school, at Taos Ski Valley or on the bus.
- Any student having a school or bus suspension during the school year will not be allowed to participate.
- Equipment rental is each student’s responsibility.
- All students must attend all lessons. If lessons are skipped students will not be allowed to ski/snowboard the following week.
- All students must check in at lunch.
- There will be NO CANCELLATIONS AND NO REFUNDS except by written order of a doctor that the student must discontinue skiing/snowboarding due to injury or illness.
- Warm clothing is a necessity. All students must have a HAT OR HELMET, WARM GLOVES/MITTENS, WARM JACKET, SUNGLASSES OR GOGGLES, SUNSCREEN, LONG UNDERWEAR AND INSULATED PANTS. NO JEANS OR COTTON PANTS, Avoid Cotton Clothing –cotton gets damp and stays cold.
The TCS ski and snowboard program is a privilege and it is up to you to act in a responsible manner. You are representing both yourself and the Taos Charter School. It is up to you to protect the program for the future.