Number 2 FROM THE DIRECTOR’S OFFICE October 8, 2015
The first snow has fallen, the ski swap at KTAO is this weekend, and the aspens are blazing yellow- fall is here and winter is very near. Students show no signs of slowing down their playing at recess, and I’m always amazed at their perpetual energy levels! I hope your family can enjoy some outside activities this weekend beginning with the Homecoming Parade at 1:00 tomorrow. Here is some general news to help your family plan for the weeks ahead:
Oct. 8 Shelter in place drill
Oct. 9 Early dismissal for homecoming (students @ 11:30, staff @ 12:00)
Oct. 12 No School
Oct. 13 Governing Council meeting 3:00
Oct. 14 40th day. Bus ridership count.
Oct. 15 Lock down drill. Time TBA
Oct. 16 End of 1st quarter grading period
Oct. 16 Friends meeting 3:15
Oct. 19-23 Fall break- no school
Oct. 27 Last day to order pictures
Oct. 29 Report cards go home
Oct. 30 Parent-teacher conferences
- Please visit the lost and found racks in the cafeteria/gym entrance to collect clothing, lunch bags, and more.
- A shelter in place drill will occur today and a lockdown drill is going to occur on Thursday next week. Teachers will prepare students ahead of time.
- The first field trips to destinations around town and to hiking trails have begun. Longer trips will depart in the weeks ahead and ski club trips will also run in January. We still have a need for additional activity bus drivers- see our school website for information About—Job Postings http://taoscharterschool.org/who-we-are/job-postings/ .
- Halloween activities will be held on October 29th– including a dance for middle schoolers. Expect guidelines for costumes, parties, and a possible parade to be sent home soon.
- The first quarter grading period ends on October 16th and report cards will go home on the 29th. Friday, October 30th is parent-teacher conference day, please come to meet with your child’s teacher.
- Thank you to all of the new volunteer Governing Council members: Tracy Jaramillo, Kristen Davenport, Lindsey Schreiber, Rich Nichols, Susan Vigil, Sonya Struck, and teacher Michael Bonner.
- Please make the parking lot and driveway areas safe for our students by driving slowly throughout your visit to drop off and pick up students on campus. Please observe the one-way direction flow and speed limits.
Douglas Moser, Director